Poll Everywhere is an online tool that allows users to create and collect responses to poll questions or activities. In a live session, poll responses can be collected by displaying a unique Poll Everywhere link belonging to the presenter. Polls and activities can be created on-the-fly or prepared earlier, and the presenter can control which of their polls is active at any one time. To respond to the poll, participants access the link using their mobile devices. Staff can display responses in real-time, allowing for an interactive session between presenters and participants.
Examples of how Poll Everywhere could be used in teaching and learning includes: obtaining preferences, assessing prior knowledge, or checking on student's understanding of concepts as they are taught.
In a live session, polls can be displayed from the Poll Everywhere website or embedded in a PowerPoint, Keynote or Google Slides presentation. Alternatively, a poll can be used to to gather responses outside of a live session by embedding a poll or sharing a URL in a subject or on a webpage.
University of Melbourne staff can access Poll Everywhere using their username and password at the Poll Everywhere/Unimelb login page. Once you have registered as a University of Melbourne user, click the 'Polls' tab to start creating polls.
The University of Melbourne provides staff premium access to Poll Everywhere services. This provide access to a full list of Poll Everywhere features including:
- Unlimited poll responses per poll
- Many question types including multiple choice, word cloud, text walls, clickable image and ranking
- Embedding polls in PowerPoint, Google slides or Keynote
- Grading and live correct answer feedback for 'Multiple Choice' and 'Clickable Images' questions
- Reporting and grading with a grade book report
- Moderation controls for open-ended polls
- Automatic censoring
- Countdown timer and auto lock times
- Custom keywords and custom session keywords for SMS responses
- Custom reply messages to responses, both SMS and web
- Single sign-on with University credentials