Qualtrics is an online survey tool that allows users to easily create surveys, design them collaboratively and share responses with others. The intuitive design makes creating appealing surveys easy. There are 16 sophisticated question types with many variations on their set up. The Qualtrics advanced features include embedded data, advanced branching, display logic, filters on reporting plus many others.
Surveys can be distributed via several methods including email, anonymous links, personal links to track individual responses, social media and QR codes.
Staff and research students could use Qualtrics in their research, their support role, or in their teaching and learning activities. Examples of use include qualitative and quantitative research, longitudinal analysis, employee insights, feedback on student services, on-boarding feedback, obtaining student preferences, peer feedback on group work, assessing prior knowledge or checking students' understanding of concepts.
University of Melbourne staff and research students access Qualtrics using their username and password at the Qualtrics/Unimelb login page: https://melbourneuni.au1.qualtrics.com
Once logged into the University of Melbourne Qualtrics account, users click the 'Create Project' button on the right to start creating surveys.
The University of Melbourne provides staff and research students with premium access to Qualtrics Research Core services, including:
- Single sign-on to Qualtrics with University credentials
- Unlimited survey creation
- Unlimited survey responses
- Unlimited emails
- Ability to distribute surveys via multiple channels
- Ability to share surveys for creation or to analyse survey results collaboratively within the University or with other Qualtrics users
- Analysis of open text responses that can be exported to Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Data analysis tools
- Qualtrics reports and filters on reports, including export options for further analysis
- 24 hour support via the Qualtrics website by clicking 'Help' within Qualtrics
- University-wide, Faculty or department survey Libraries, graphics Libraries and email Libraries to share surveys, images or email templates
- Faculty, department or institutional templates for a standard look of surveys
- Most University of Melbourne affiliated research institutions are included in the licence