Readings Online enables staff to add, organise and control their subject readings and ensures copyright compliance in their subjects.
What is Readings Online?
Readings Online is a service that the staff can use to add and manage readings within their subjects. It presents readings in a copyright compliant form. Staff can link to Readings Online in the LMS, providing quick access to all the associated subject readings in one location, in an organised consistent manner.
Readings Online can be used to provide students with access to Journal Articles, Books, Book Chapters and Book Excepts, in addition to adding links to websites and other types of materials. The Readings Online collection can also be exported in two different file types and used to:
- create bibliographies and reference lists or,
- to import them into a citation manager.
Benefits of using the service
- Provides an easy-to-use, quick access interface for students.
- Easy reuse of the reading lists in the following years.
- Enables staff to deliver a consistent experience for students.
- Provides readings in an accessible format.
- Provides statistics on student access and use of each reading material.
Teaching and learning applications
Staff can explore the Readings Online Demonstration Subject in order to see how it integrates with the LMS. Staff are able to self-enrol in this subject. Further information on how to enrol can be found here.
Any content created in a Readings Online playpen can be migrated to subject spaces by contacting Readings Online.
Support and resources
Further support and guides for Readings Online can be found here.