Poll Everywhere is an online tool that allows users to create and collect responses to poll questions or activities. In a live session poll responses can be collected by displaying a unique Poll Everywhere link belonging to the presenter. The presenter controls what poll is active via the link at any one time. To respond to the poll participants access the link using their mobile devices. Staff can display responses in real-time, allowing for an interactive session between presenters and participants. Polls and activities can be created on-the-fly or prepared earlier.
The University of Melbourne provides staff premium access to Poll Everywhere services. This provide access to a full list of Poll Everywhere features including:
- Unlimited poll responses per poll
- Many question types including multiple choice, word cloud, text walls, clickable image and ranking
- Embedding polls in PowerPoint, Google slides or Keynote
- Grading and live correct answer feedback for 'Multiple Choice' and 'Clickable Images' questions
- Reporting and grading with a grade book report
- Moderation controls for open-ended polls
- Automatic censoring
- Countdown timer and auto lock times
- Custom keywords and custom session keywords for SMS responses
- Custom reply messages to responses, both SMS and web
- Single sign-on with University credentials
Activate your Poll Everywhere account
Staff can create and access their Poll Everywhere account by signing in using a staff username and password to the Poll Everywhere/Unimelb login page
Once you have registered as a University of Melbourne Poll Everywhere user click the 'Polls' tab to start creating polls.
Add Poll Everywhere to PowerPoint, Keynote or Google Slides
Poll Everywhere works in PowerPoint, Keynote, and Google Slides and has been installed on presentation computers on campus running Windows, and currently being installed across presentation computers running Mac. Simply open your preferred program and log in to the app to access your current polls or create new polls for your presentation.
Get the presentation app
In addition to being available on presentation computers campus wide, you can install the Poll Everywhere plugin on your own computer to integrate with PowerPoint, Keynote or Google Slides.
- University-owned computers: download Poll Everywhere from the Software Centre on Windows or the Self Service Portal on Mac.
- Personal computer: download Poll Everywhere directly using the links below:
Download PowerPoint integration
Download Keynote integration
Download Google Slides integration
Add a poll to your slides
Once installed, Poll Everywhere will be available from a new ribbon in PowerPoint, in an application for Keynote, or in a Chrome extension for Google Slides. You will need to go to open Poll Everywhere and log in when prompted so that you can then add polls to your slides or create new polls.
To have the polls display on screen, remember that will you need to be in the slideshow view, not the editing screen.
Poll Everywhere smartphone apps
Having the Poll Everywhere app on your your smartphone or tablet while presenting gives you another option for controlling polls during a live session. It is particularly useful if you wish to moderate responses to polls or create questions on the fly.
Get the smartphone app
Download the Poll Everywhere app from your device's app store or marketplace.
Google Play (Android)
App Store (iOS)
Microsoft Store (Windows)
Display Poll Everywhere in an LMS subject or community - Anonymous responses
Adding your personal Poll Everywhere link into a LMS subject or community gives students a link to access the Poll you are currently pushing out for students to respond to.
Respond to polls
Anonymous polls do not require students to create an account in Poll Everywhere or register before responding to a poll or activity. Students can use a mobile device or app to respond to polls and have three options to access the presentation:
- Click on a Poll Everywhere link in your LMS subject (if applicable)
- Entering the presenter's unique Poll Everywhere URL into any browser e.g. PollEv.com/testpresenter
- Use the Poll Everywhere app and join a presentation by entering the presenter's username e.g. testpresenter