Gradescope - Converting images to PDF
This guide outlines how to create a single PDF of your work using the OneDrive app on your mobile device.
For most Gradescope assignments, you need to scan your handwritten work and submit it as a PDF. No scanner? No problem. If you have a mobile device handy, the free Microsoft OneDrive mobile app has an easy-to-use inbuilt document scanner. Download OneDrive for iOS via App Store, or Android via Google Play.
You can sign in easily with your student account, scan your pages using the tutorial below, then submit the PDF to Gradescope on your computer (recommended) or via the Canvas mobile app.
- Open the OneDrive app
- Sign in with your student email address, if prompted
- To launch the scanner, press the camera button at the bottom of the screen
- Frame your page in clear view of the camera, ensure the mode is set to DOCUMENT, and press the white capture button
- If the detected border isn’t correct, adjust using the on-screen tools, and press ‘Confirm’
- If you have more pages to scan, press ‘Add’ at the bottom left
- Repeat steps 3-4 until the last page is scanned
- Once you have scanned all pages, press the blue arrow button
- Once you have reviewed the page(s), press ‘Done’ at the bottom right
- Rename the file using the field at the top, and press the tick at the top right, to save the PDF to your OneDrive