Canvas: Learn at your own pace
Canvas self-paced online training has been specifically designed for those of you who learn best at your own pace, and in your own time and place. This training offers an in-depth look at Canvas including assessment and feedback, quizzes, and more.
Self-enrol in this online training where you can learn about Canvas at your own pace. This training is designed to support staff to design, develop and deliver learning materials in Canvas. The online modules align with the face-to-face workshops, so you can choose to learn in the following ways:
- Only complete the online training
- Do some online modules and attend some face-to-face workshops
- Use the self-paced training to reinforce learnings from the workshops.
Available modules include:
- Canvas: Getting started
- Canvas: Assessment and feedback
- Canvas: Communication and collaboration
- Kaltura: Managing video in Canvas
- Canvas: Quizzes
Intended learning outcomes
These vary per module and align with the equivalent face-to-face workshops’ intended learning outcomes. See the individual workshop page if you wish to view learning outcomes prior to self-enrolling.
Once self-enrolled, 'Canvas: Learn at your own pace' will appear on your dashboard when you log into Canvas at canvas.lms.unimelb.edu.au with your University username and password.
Staff also have access to a 'Playpen' subject to where you can trial what you are learning, as well as a 'Teaching with Canvas' subject which is used during Canvas workshops.
How to unenroll
If you wish to unenroll at any time, follow the below steps.
- Go to catalog.lms.unimelb.edu.au
- Login with your University username and password
- Click on ‘your name’ in the top right and select ‘Student Dashboard’
- Find ‘Canvas: Learn at your own pace’ in the list
- Click the cog icon and select ‘Drop Subject’ and then ‘Drop’