Qualtrics - Getting started
Note: all Qualtrics Guides listed below are for Research Core - the University's selected survey creation service.
Access to Qualtrics
University of Melbourne staff and research students access Qualtrics using their username and password at the Qualtrics/Unimelb login page
Tips before starting
Some basic settings are defined for all users. We recommend updating your timezone to Melbourne and ensuring the language is set to UK English.
- Click on the person silhouette icon at the top-right corner and select Account Settings
- In User Settings, change the time zone to GMT+10 and select English (UK) from the language dropdown.
Users who have joined the University of Melbourne account having previously owned an account with Qualtrics will need to force the data to update once they login by refreshing the workspace.
- Click on the person silhouette icon at the top-right corner and select Refresh Account
Qualtrics provides an overview of the information shown in the home screen (Projects area).
Qualtrics guides for creating surveys:
- Overview of the My Projects page
- Creating a new project or survey
- Editing your survey
- Distributing your survey
- Data and analysis
- Results and reporting
Qualtrics guides for each question type:
- Static content
- Standard questions
- Speciality questions
Qualtrics is supported by Learning Environments. Any questions regarding accounts, usage and training can be submitted through the LMS and Learning Technologies support request form.
This guide was last updated 27 Jul 2018.
Please report any errors or omissions in this guide by submitting an LMS support request.