Lecture Capture - Booking and accessing public seminars and events
This guide outlines the process for requesting and accessing ad hoc recordings such as public seminars, departmental meetings, conferences and guest presentations in enabled venues.
Submit a booking request
Staff at the University of Melbourne are welcome to request a Lecture Capture booking for any event held in a supported venue. Once processed, a recording will be generated and accessible from the requesting staff member's Lecture Capture Library.
To request an ad hoc recording please use our ServiceNow form below, entering the title of the event, the time and the date of recording. Please ensure you specify 'non-subject related booking' when making your request.
Once your booking has been processed, a member of the Lecture Capture team will get back to you with confirmation of the recording schedule. Due to the volume of requests received, please provide 10 business days' notice prior to an event to confirm a booking.
Log in to Lecture Capture (Echo360)
In order to access ad hoc recordings, you must directly log in to Echo360.
- Visit the Echo360 website to log in.
- Enter your University of Melbourne email address.
- Enter your University of Melbourne username and password
Access your recordings
Once your pre-booked recording has been processed it will be available in the Library page of the Echo360 interface.
Note that the recording is available by default only to the user who made the original request; to share this recording with others, see the sharing recordings section below.
To access the options for a particular recording select the dropdown menu in the top right corner of the recording card.
If you would like to host recordings through your own platform, share via USB or save on your computer, you can download the recording from your Library. When downloading you will have the option to choose the audio or video file, along with the available resolutions for the particular recording.
To download a recording:
- Select the dropdown menu for the required recording and click Download
- Choose the file format and quality of the recording.
Create an access link to recordings
- Select the dropdown menu for the required recording and click View
- Select the Sharing tab and then the Add Link button under the access links section
Configuring the access link
Once you have created an access link, you have several options on how you want the link to appear to users.
|1||Select the Active toggle to activate or deactivate the link. If deactivated, users will not be able to access the recording via the link|
|2||Click on the 'Link' field to copy the URL to your clipboard|
|3||Enter a Description that will appear to users when viewing the recording|
|4||Select the 'Start at' checkbox and enter a time to direct users to a particular part of the recording when accessing the link|
|5||Select 'Private' to allow access only to users logged in with a Unimelb account|
Embed the recording on a website
Once you have created an access link, you can also generate an embed code for displaying the recording on a website.
- Select Embed on the options page for your access link.
- Choose the window size and play options for your recording. By turning on autoplay the recording will play automatically when opened. Select Copy to copy the embed code to your clipboard
Share recordings with other staff
Lecture Capture recordings can be shared with other staff members within the Lecture Capture system. Once shared, staff can access recordings in their Library.
- Select the dropdown menu for the required recording and click Share
- Select To an individual and enter the email address of the user to share the recording with
- Note: in order to share a recording with a user, the recipient must be a University of Melbourne staff member with a Lecture Capture account.
- Click Publish
Accessing shared recordings
- Visit the Echo360 website to log in
- Navigate to the Library page
- Select Shared with me