Submit a video in Canvas using Echo360
This guide steps through accessing a Canvas assignment, uploading a video to your Echo360 (Lecture Capture) library, then embedding it into the assignment submission.
Upload and submit your video
- Go to Assignments in your subject navigation menu.
- Click on the relevant Assignment to open it.
- On the Assignment page, click the blue Submit Assignment button.
- The Assignment submission area will display a range of tab options. Select the Echo360 tab.
- You will be presented with a media selection dialog box. Select the Upload Existing Media tab, then click Select Media.
- Note: If you need to edit your media before submission, please visit the following Echo360 guide on uploading media into Echo360.
- Follow the options to find and select your video file to upload to your Echo360 library. When ready, click Upload.
- Your upload progress will be tracked in the upload window. Do not close the submission window until the upload is complete.
- Once the file is uploaded, you will be returned to the media selection dialog box in the Choose from My Home tab, with the newly uploaded video selected by default.
- Note: The preview may not display a thumbnail; this is because the video is still being processed by Echo360. How long this takes is partially dependent on the size of the video.
- Click Insert to submit this video for the assignment. Your uploaded video will appear here as a URL to your video.
- Note: If you wish to upload a different video instead, click the Change button located to the right of the URL and you will be returned to the media selection panel.
- Enter any supporting information you want to provide along with your submission in the Additional comments field.
- When finished, click Submit Assignment.
IMPORTANT: Once a video is submitted for an assignment is locked in Echo360; you cannot edit or delete the video. You can make a copy of it if you need an editable version.
Review your submission
After submission, you can review your submission from the Assignment page. Click Submission Details to see the video you submitted, along with any comments you may have provided.