Webinar recording - Canvas: Communication and collaboration
This is a recording of the live webinar. The webinar gives participants a brief overview of the communications and collaboration tools in Canvas.
The session is designed to give participants who are unable to attend the in-person workshops the confidence to communicate with students and create a collaborative online learning environment.
Topics to be covered in this webinar are:
- Group discussions
- Group assignments
- Communicating with students
- Managing the calendar
Intended learning outcomes
At the completion of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Describe the use of and differences between Sections and Groups within Canvas
- Recognise how to set-up Group Assignments and Discussions
- Identify how to communicate with students using Canvas Conversations (Inbox) and the Calendar function.
- All Canvas guides for staff
- How do I assign an assignment to a subject (course) group?
- How do I use the Calendar as an instructor?
- How do I use Conversations as an instructor?
- How do I create a discussion as an instructor?
- How do I reply to a discussion as an instructor?
- How do I assign a graded discussion to everyone in a subject (course)?
- How do I allow students to edit and delete their own discussion posts in a subject (course)?
- How can I require students to reply to a subject (course) discussion before they see other replies?