Webinar recording - Canvas: Quick start
This is a recording of the live webinar. The webinar gives participants a brief overview of Canvas navigation and the beginnings of subject building using modules.
This session is designed to give participants who are unable to attend the in-person workshops the confidence to start exploring the Canvas LMS, and to begin building content in their Playpen subject. At the end of the presentation, participants will have the opportunity to ask questions via chat or audio.
Topics include: dashboard, basic navigation, home page, modules, pages, announcements, syllabus page, readings online link.
Intended learning outcomes
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Review the interface of Canvas including global navigation, dashboard and subject cards
- Become familiar with pages, including incorporating text, links, images and video
- Become aware of modules and recognise their purpose and function
- Explore the following subject tools: Syllabus, Announcements and Readings Online.
- All Canvas instructor guides
- How do I use the Dashboard as an Instructor?
- How do I view my favorite subjects (courses) in the Card View Dashboard as an instructor?
- How do I use the To Do list and sidebar in the Dashboard as an instructor?
- How do I view global activity for all my subjects (courses) in the Recent Activity Dashboard as an instructor?
- How do I use the Global Navigation Menu as an instructor?
- How do I view all my Canvas subjects (courses) as an instructor?
- How do I customize my Subject (Courses) list as an instructor?
- How do I add and modify text in the Rich Content Editor as an instructor?
- How do I add a module?
- How do I add assignment types, pages, and files as module items?
- How do I add prerequisites to a module?
- How do I add requirements to a module?
- How do I add an announcement in a subject?
- How do I use the Syllabus as an instructor?
- How do I use the Announcements index page?