Webinar recording - Canvas: Assessment and feedback
This is a recording of the 35 minute live webinar. The webinar gives participants a brief overview of assessment and feedback tools in Canvas.
We highly recommend that you have attended Canvas: Getting started or the Webinar: Canvas quick start presentation (via Zoom) before registering for this webinar.
This session is designed to give participants who are unable to attend the in-person workshops the confidence to create assignments in Canvas LMS. It will also cover Canvas' SpeedGrader tool and Gradebook.
Topics covered in this webinar include:
- Canvas assignment
- Setting up Assignment Group Weightings
- Canvas SpeedGrader
Intended learning outcomes
At the completion of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Locate where to create and grade Canvas assignments
- Provide grades and feedback using a variety of methods
- Identify the Canvas Gradebook
- All Canvas guides for staff
- All Canvas instructor guides
- How do I create an assignment?
- How do I generate a Turnitin similarity report?
- What assignment types can I create in a course?
- How do I use SpeedGrader?
- How do I use the Gradebook?
- How do I add a rubric to an assignment?
- How can I use Canvas on my mobile device as an instructor?
- How do I assign a graded discussion to everyone in a course?
- How do I assign an assignment to a course group?
- How do I use peer review assignments in a course?