Kaltura: Managing video in Canvas
This 90-minute workshop will familiarise staff with the basics of using Kaltura to record and manage videos in Canvas, and introduce how to set up media assessments.
This workshop will provide an overview of the basics of using Kaltura as a video management platform and introduce how it can be used for assessment purposes.
Topics include: My Media, Kaltura media gallery, embedding media in pages, creating Canvas media assignments.
Intended learning outcomes
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Record and upload videos into Kaltura
- Set up video display settings
- Embed videos in the subject
- Create, submit and grade Canvas media assignments
- Managing Kaltura media in Canvas
- Embedding Kaltura media in Canvas via the Rich Text Editor
- Kaltura in Canvas user guide
- Canvas guides
We highly recommend that you have attended Canvas: Getting started before registering for this workshop.
To register for an upcoming workshop explore the faculty and centrally run schedules.
As an optional pre-workshop activity, participants can log in to Canvas at canvas.lms.unimelb.edu.au with their university username and password.
Staff currently have access to a 'Playpen' subject to experiment in, as well as a 'Teaching with Canvas' subject, the space used during Canvas workshops.