This 90-minute workshop explores different Rubric setups with guided activities and provides insight into how Rubrics can be used in Canvas.
This workshop aims to provide participants with the skills to create and use variety of rubrics in Canvas including range rubrics, points rubrics, and non-scoring rubrics.
- The benefits of Rubrics in Canvas
- The full Rubric cycle:
- assignment setup
- creating and adding a range rubric
- grading a student submission using a rubric
- viewing gradebook
- viewing the rubric from student point of view
- Creating a point rubric
- Exploring rubric set up options
- Reviewing Rubric editing considerations.
Intended learning outcomes
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Recognise the benefits of Rubrics in Canvas
- Create rubrics and grade assignments using rubrics within SpeedGrader
- Reference different editing considerations
- Differentiate between several Rubric set up options.
A strong understanding of Canvas Assignments and Speedgrader is necessary. Please attend the Canvas: Assessment and Feedback workshop before registering for this workshop.
Register for this workshop
We highly recommend that you have attended Canvas: Getting started and Canvas: Assessment and Feedback before registering for this workshop.
To register for an upcoming workshop explore the faculty and centrally run schedules.
As an optional pre-workshop activity, participants can log in to Canvas at canvas.lms.unimelb.edu.au with their university username and password.
Staff currently have access to a 'Playpen' subject to experiment in, as well as a 'Teaching with Canvas' subject, the space used during Canvas workshops.