Webinar recording - LMS: Managing tutorials and student collaboration (Sections and Groups)
This webinar explores how to use Sections and Groups for tutorial management of student collaboration in the LMS.
Topics to be covered in this webinar are:
- What are Sections?
- Creating and editing Sections
- What are groups?
- Creating and managing Groups
Intended learning outcomes
At the completion of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Differentiate between Sections and Groups, and how to use them
- Create, manage and track groups
- Create group activities such as Group Discussions and Group Assignments
- Send announcements to sections and groups
- All LMS guides for staff
- All Canvas instructor guides
- Enable the Sections Tool
- View the current Sections and enrolments
- Create a new Section
- Rename a Section
- Delete a Section
- Enrol students into a Section
- Remove students from a Section
- Bulk Group Membership tool user guide
- How do I add a group set in a subject?
- How do I allow students to create their own student groups?
- How do I automatically assign students to groups?
- How do I manually assign students to groups?
- How do I view content and student activity within a group?
We highly recommend that you have watched the LMS: Getting started recording before viewing the recording or registering for this webinar.
To register for an upcoming workshop explore the central workshop schedule.