Webinar recording - LMS: for tutors
This webinar is designed to give participants the skills to confidently navigate the LMS, communicate with students and use Speedgrader to annotate and grade student submissions within the LMS.
Topics to be covered in this webinar are:
- Navigation of the LMS and subjects
- Communicating through the Announcements and Inbox tools
- Acting as a student in a subject
- Using SpeedGrader and Gradebook to mark a submission
- Getting help and support
Intended learning outcomes
At the completion of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Navigate the LMS and communicate with students through the LMS
- Provide grades and feedback using a variety of methods in SpeedGrader
- Navigate the LMS Gradebook
- All LMS guides for staff
- All Canvas instructor guides
- How do I use the Calendar as an instructor?
- How do I use Conversations as an instructor?
- How do I create a discussion as an instructor?
- How do I reply to a discussion as an instructor?
- How do I allow students to edit and delete their own discussion posts in a subject (course)?
- How can I require students to reply to a subject (course) discussion before they see other replies?
- How do I use SpeedGrader?
- How do I use the Gradebook?
LMS: For tutors is offered at the start of each semester. To register for an upcoming workshop explore the central schedule.
To register for an upcoming workshop explore the faculty and centrally run schedules.