Webinar recording - LMS Communication
This live webinar gives participants a brief overview of the communications tools in Canvas.
The main focus of the LMS Communications webinar is how to establish and maintain communication with students using sections and groups within the LMS. After a quick recap on the differences between sections and groups, you will be introduced to navigating and making use of the Inbox, Calendar and Announcements with easy to follow demonstrations.
Topics to be covered in this webinar are:
- Targeting communication with sections or groups
Intended learning outcomes
At the completion of the workshop participants will be able to:
- Navigate the Inbox and know how to send messages to students, sections and groups via Inbox
- Navigate the Calendar and are familiar with the set up process of appointment groups
- Locate announcement settings in your subject and send announcements to entire subject.
- All LMS guides for staff
- How do I use the Calendar as an instructor?
- How do I use Conversations as an instructor?
- How do I create a discussion as an instructor?
- How do I reply to a discussion as an instructor?
- How do I assign a graded discussion to everyone in a subject (course)?
- How do I allow students to edit and delete their own discussion posts in a subject (course)?
- How can I require students to reply to a subject (course) discussion before they see other replies?
We highly recommend that you have watched the LMS Getting started webinar recording before viewing the recording or registering for this webinar.
To register for an upcoming workshop explore the central workshop schedule.