Canvas: Assessment and feedback
This workshop will provide participants with an overview of assessment and feedback tools in Canvas from both a student and staff perspective.
This workshop will provide an overview of assessment and feedback tools from both a student and staff perspective, it is intended for the core teaching team for the pilot subjects.
Intended learning outcomes
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Create and grade Canvas Assignment
- Provide grades and feedback using a variety of methods
- Use Gradebook.
- All Canvas instructor guides
- How do I create an assignment?
- How do I generate a Turnitin similarity report?
- What assignment types can I create in a course?
- How do I use SpeedGrader?
- How do I use the Gradebook?
- How do I add a rubric to an assignment?
- How can I use Canvas on my mobile device as an instructor?
- How do I assign a graded discussion to everyone in a course?
- How do I assign an assignment to a course group?
- How do I use peer review assignments in a course?
Register for this workshop
To register for an upcoming workshop explore the faculty and centrally run schedules.
We highly recommend that you have attended Canvas: Getting started before registering for this workshop.
This workshop is also available as a recorded webinar.
As an optional pre-workshop activity, participants can log in to Canvas at canvas.lms.unimelb.edu.au with their university username and password.
Staff currently have access to a 'Playpen' subject to experiment in, as well as a 'Teaching with Canvas' subject, the space used during Canvas workshops.