Start of semester LMS checklist: Launching your subject in Canvas
This checklist helps you to ensure that all key areas of your Canvas subject are complete and ready to publish to students
Use the starter checklist to:
- check all key areas of your Canvas subject are complete
- ensure your Canvas subject is ready for launch at the beginning of the semester
You can either:
- use the starter checklist online
- or print this page
When building your subject prior to release, see our building your subject checklist
Publish the subject
Staff and student access
Staff can create Groups for various needs such as assessment, marking, communication and collaboration.
Staff can create Sections for administrative or teaching purposes. From 2020 onwards, the creation of tutorial groups as Sections will be supported.
The following should be checked using Student Preview within your subject:
- Visit Canvas guides for step by step guides
- Visit Canvas FAQ's for answers to common questions
- In Canvas technical support: click 'Support' (lower left of any Canvas page) to access 24/7 Canvas support, Canvas Guides, and more.
Project Evolve support
- Request Project support by submitting an enquiry to the Project Evolve team.
- Updates on the Project can be found at the Project Evolve website.
For guidelines on the development of online components for subjects read the Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) Framework.