Pre-semester LMS checklist: Building your subject in Canvas
Use this checklist to make sure you have covered off all key areas when building your subject each semester.
Use this checklist to:
- guide you through building your Canvas subject
- check you have completed the key areas required when building your Canvas subject
You can either:
- use the starter checklist online
- or print this page
Ready for students to see your subject? Use our start of semester: subject launch checklist
Canvas workshops and professional development
Staff access to subject
Staff can create Groups for group assignment submissions or when students require access to online collaboration and communication tools to complete group work.
Staff can create Sections for administrative or teaching purposes. From 2020 onwards, the creation of tutorial groups as Sections will be supported.
The following should be checked using Student Preview within your subject:
- Visit Canvas guides for step by step guides
- Visit Canvas FAQ's for answers to common questions
- In Canvas technical support: click 'Support' (lower left of any Canvas page) to access 24/7 Canvas support, Canvas Guides, and more.
Project Evolve support
- Request Project support by submitting an enquiry to the Project Evolve team.
- Updates on the Project can be found at the Project Evolve website.
For guidelines on the development of online components for subjects read the Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) Framework.