LMS at a glance
The LMS is the University’s online system for delivering subject content to students.
Our LMS uses educational technologies from various enterprise providers such as BlackBoard, TurnItIn and Learning Objects. Teaching staff use the LMS to:
- Manage basic subject administration such as announcements, class lists and group management
- Provide online versions of class materials and readings
- Offer extended content such as multimedia files
- Allow electronic submission of assignments
- Download, mark and return assignments and feedback
- Conduct online tests and surveys
- Provide a portal to TurnItIn, the originality checking software to which students can submit essays for checking
- Offer students the opportunity to participate in online communication activities such as blogs, journals and wikis.